Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Why do you have SO many children, first kisses and lots of smiles!





That is a question we get a lot. Just look at our photos, THAT'S why we have so many childen---for massages! Seriously, we've been celebrities here in China, especially Sarah! Everyone wants to take her picture and more importantly be in the photo with her. Yesterday, at the park, Sarah was in her glory, smiling, posing and pretending to be a Hollywood star. We even had a family give us their baby to hold so they could photograph the baby with us! This part of China we enjoy.
As you can see from the new photo taken this morning, Matthew is just full of smiles and happiness this morning. I got my first KISS last night from Matthew as I was tucking all of the kids into bed. He giggled after he did he gave it to me. He goes to bed very well, no arguing and falls fast asleep. Oh what a dream!
This morning at breakfast he looked at me everytime he did something he knew I would approve of and smiled when I told him "good boy". Oh how wonderful he is!
Today we received an email with some photos of Malone, Matthew's best friend from the orphanage. What a reaction from our boy, first amazement, then excitement and then yelling out his name! I think he was in shock that somehow his Momma got his friend on the computer. These first experiences are so fun to watch.
Today we have a free day and tomorrow we leave for Guangzhou. So... we will go back to the park, let the kids run for a while and then just relax. I'm not sure what we'll do for dinner. Last night we went back to the Chinese restaurant. The food was yummy and Analiese only broke one spoon! After she did that the waitress brought out a fork and a knife...how funny!
The kids are all doing so well. I am so proud of Sarah! She has bounced back from being sick to being a helper, a great big sister and a wonderful young lady! I'll tell you she really is an angel! Today Dave took the kids out to do Tai Chi with the locals. The ladies were so impressed with Sarah's grace and movement. Thanks to the teachers at Bravo, Sarah is showing off her skills on the other side of the world, talk about a performance!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love to see all of the pix! And you needed 4 kids, because you have 2 arms and 2 legs that need massaging.

Tell Miss Sarah I'm SO proud of her for all she's doing. Give all the kids hugs (and Dave, too). Matthew seems to get exponentially better each and every day - how wonderful!

Can't wait for the updates from Guangzhou. Are you going pearl shopping??

Love,
Nancy

Emilie said...

Hey Gracie,
I miss you and can't wait to meet your brother. I saw all of your pictures and it looks like you have had a good time with your family. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and I can't wait to see you and your brother after the holidays.
Love,
Emilie Hall

Susan and Dan said...

Hey Evans Girls and boy!
The Chapman girls say hey from Acworth, GA and can't wait to hear about your trip!

Anonymous said...

People should read this.