Thursday, November 8, 2007

The time has come....

It is our last night at home without our son! Tomorrow we get on the plane to China to finally bring him home. we are full of excitement and a few nerves as we head off to the other side of the world. We hope that Matthew is being prepared for his transition and is looking forward to it.
I finished packing and feel so very proud of myself. We have 3 checked bags and 3 bags we will carry-on as well as our stroller. I guess this just gets easier each time you do it! I know that I've not taken nearly the number of items that I've packed before. Part of the reason is because the girls were so young and I took lots of baby items. I also realize that I'm not going to a deserted island; I may even find a Walmart where we can pick up some needed things I might have forgotten!
We leave at 5:15 AM to go to the airport and will not arrive at our final destination until Saturday morning at 11AM Georgia time (11 PM China time). It will be long and hard but that just goes to show that even having a child via the adoption route there is the long and hard labor! The girls are excited and I know they will be good travelers. Sarah and Grace will be a big help with Analiese. The sad part is that we will be making this trip without the Browns. Our first two trips we traveled together and celebrated our newest additions together. I know that they are with us in spirit but geez it really is much more fun when they are in China with us. Whatever will we do if we get lost, who will draw the pictures???? We did get two care packages from them today and promptly put everything into our suitcases....we will be very well prepared for Lucy's! We love you Brown family and will miss your company!
Yesterday was the 2nd anniversary of Analiese's Gotcha Day. I must admit, I thought about it a few nights prior and made a mental note to be sure and get cookies for her classmates but it got so pushed to the back that I forgot until I picked her up from school! Boy did I feel guilty! But....today we bought cookies and took them in to school and celebrated her Gotcha Day! Of course Analiese let me off the hook...."that's OK Momma, we'll do it tomorrow." See why I love her so much?!!!
I just cannot tell you how lucky I feel that God has blessed me with my miracle Sarah and then allowed me to parent Grace, Analiese and now Matthew! It just doesn't get any better....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are able to get some sleep tonight.
Deb Odell

Anonymous said...

Oh, Evans' family, you don't know how much we are missing you and this trip!! Please know that we are with you in spirit and prayer.

Have a safe journey, and can't wait to hear from you in China (sob...without us...)

Love,

The Brown family

Lynn Cameron said...

Well, it's 10:41 in Fuzhou and I hope you are all happily asleep in your beds. Tomorrow is almost here! Can't wait to here how it goes. Best wishes for a peaceful and easy transition for all of you.

Love,

Lynn and Malone (Wang Demin)