Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Now that we are waiting for that LAST piece of paper to get on that plane to China, we are trying to plan our trip. We know that we'd like to go somewhere other than Beijing for touring because we've done that twice already. Dave and I discussed spending a day or two in Hong Kong (whew, the expense of it all!). When I searched for hotels guess what popped up.....Disneyland Hollywood Hotel!
Dave and I immediately thought "what a great idea!" The kids would love to go to Disney and how many chances will we have to visit HONG KONG Disney? So, right now we are looking into the possibility of going to Disney at the end of our trip. In the past, we've spent two days in Beijing before going to the provincial capital to complete the adoption and then going straight home after our consulate appointment. This time we will wait, do our touring after the consulate appointment so Matthew can enjoy Disneyland!
Of course there are so many variables and right now we don't have any specific dates. If I were a betting person, I'd say we won't have our consulate appointment until November 13th. That would mean we would leave the USA on or about Nov 1st. I'm searching for fares and hoping to find something reasonable. Traveling with 3 kids there and 4 on the way back won't be cheap! But...it will be an adventure.
We can't wait to have Matthew join our family. He just doesn't know how much fun awaits him!