Monday, November 5, 2007

Closer and closer...

We are just 3 days from travel and the stress is starting to set in! With working full time (and being in training until Wednesday), the girls dance schedule, packing, cleaning and final travel arrangements I feel like I'm going to burst! Most of the "stuff" is laid out ready for the suitcase but I need some time to be able to do that. I had not planned on taking any time off on Thursday but I'm thinking that I'm going to need at least half of a day to just make sure things are taken care of!
I wonder if Matthew is nervous or excited that he will soon meet his family. I just cannot imagine how a 6 year old can process the changes that are about to happen in his life. Nothing is going to be the same for him, nor for us. What a journey we all have ahead of us.
I had to make a paper chain for Analiese this weekend; she still cannot understand the passage of time. Every day, many times during the day, she would ask if we were going to get Qing Nan. Now we remove a chain from our link each night before bed time. I so wish I had thought of this earlier!!!
I've been following our friends, the Straights, who are in China right now with their new daughter, Shelby. I can hear the ups and downs in her writing but also the joy and excitement. We think we are ready....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We wish you the best of luck (Analiese on a plane for that long)
How exciting it must be for the family! We will miss you all and pray for your safe return.
Love your friends at Russom