Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Today's Fun







We went to a local play place today: DACS Kids. It is a combination of inflatibles, climbing, guns that shoot soft balls and sand that you can dig in. Usually on Tuesdays we go to the free movies but after checking the movies and realizing that we had already seen both of the offerings I decided that a change of plans were in order.

I didn't tell the kids my plans. Instead I had them get ready to go to the library to return our books and videos. Unfortunately for me, I didn't plan ahead and bring socks...

Anyway, when we got to the play place, Sarah knew exactly what was happening. The other kids were just ecstatic. We had to buy socks ($1.50 a piece!!!) but it was well worth it.

Unfortunately, I didn't check the battery on the camera and it died after a few shots. We had a great time. But one thing that really concerned me was that Matthew spent the first 20 minutes collecting soft balls in a bag. When I called him aside to tell him to find something to play he really seemed at a loss. The other kids ran around: dug in the sand, played on the inflatables and climbed to their hearts content. Matthew just had NO idea of what to do. He seemed to be having fun so I tried to leave him alone.

After 2 hours the kids were ready to go. It was fun day and a nice diversion!

Tonight...packing is the focus. We leave for Michigan on Thursday and we are so excited to see everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your photos are awesome!!! And beautiful!!!