Monday, July 14, 2008

Keeping Busy







We've been having fun and enjoying the time together. Grace and Analiese have been to camp, we've done the movies, been to the pool and in a few days we'll leave for our trip to Michigan.

The kids, for the most part, keep each other occupied and get along well. Sarah, of course, is the director of all of the activities, whether it be making up dances, playing tag, diving and swimming or playing on the playground. Matthew goes along with anything and is a great sport about it all!

Matthew is really a very different kid these days. His language skills are amazing! His vocabulary is fantastic and according to the speech therapist, his sounds are very age appropriate! He hasn't had a major meltdown since I video taped the last one. Saturday night we watched Analiese's camp performance and as I tried to find the spot on the tape I happened across Matthew's temper tantrum that I taped. Well, Matthew yelled "no, no" and covered his eyes. He was ashamed for his brother Thomas to see him cry and kick. He told Thomas, "I don't do that no more." We'll see.....

I've been working with each of the kids on some skills for school and I feel so positive that Analiese is READY for kindergarten. She knows her letters, sounds, shapes and is doing prewriting. She can count to 100 and is learning how to count by 5's and 10's to 100. Now if I can just get her to sit still....

Sarah and I had our talk. It went very well and we had some really good laughs. She asked some great questions that weren't too hard to answer. Since then she comments or asks about things so we have a nice dialogue going. Dave isn't ready to be included and is glad that Sarah hasn't asked him anything---yet!

Sweet Grace is anxious to start gymnastics. We just signed her up today (and the others also). She wants to show off her skills and be better at something than anyone else! She loves to hear us tell her how naturally athletic she is and we praise her all of the time.

I'm starting to get the "put the brakes on" feeling I get every summer around this time. My vacation is flying by and I'm not looking forward to going back to work. I don't want the sleeping in until 8:00, working out, going to the pool (or maybe a movie) to end. At least not for a few more months....

2 comments:

Special K said...

Sounds like you have had a wonderful summer. So sad that it's drawing to a close. I'm so excited for Annaliese to start kindergarten.

Little Patch of Heaven said...

You have very beautiful children. Glad everyone is have a great summer.