Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



This wasn't a holiday we celebrated when I was growing up. Oh, I remember wearing green and getting pinched if I didn't have it on but that was the extent of our "celebration".

Since I've married Dave St. Patrick's Day holds a new meaning. Every St. Patty's Day the leprechaun visits our home. His name is Sir Brian Barook (I think I spelled that correctly...). He plays tricks on the children: he turns their milk green, the toilet water green and other messy things.

Today he wrote on the girls bathroom mirror in green marker and drew a giant shamrock! He is so lucky that it came off with windex! He also "decorated" the house in green streamers!! This year he didn't leave any candy gold like he has in the past. I wonder why?

The girls know he's been running around watching them because the cats keep chasing something under our furniture!

We had our traditional cornbeef and cabbage dinner this past weekend because it is very difficult for me to cook on Wednesday evenings. The girls all have dance or gymnastics and we run around getting everyone where they need to be AND then back home again.

I sure hope you all had a nice St. Patty's day. Maybe Sir Brian will come and visit YOU next year!

No comments: