Thursday, March 4, 2010

I have sizes???



When I was younger I never could quite understand when other women would talk about their "fat jeans" or their skinny clothes. I was always so petite that I had great difficulty finding clothes that fit properly. I mean, I remember shopping for clothes for my first "real" job at Casual Corner and not being able to fit into the size 2's!!!

I did, eventually, grow "into" the size 2's and out again, but I never thought of myself as having "sizes"!

Let me give some perspective. I am 4 ft 10 in. tall. When I got pregnant with Sarah, at age 34, I weighed 91 pounds, went up to 145 pounds during the pregnancy and lost ALL of it within 8 weeks of giving birth!

I never had to watch what I ate. I loved fruits, vegetables, potato chips and any kind of gummy candy. I exercised regularly and never, ever had to watch my weight.

Well, all of that changed after we brought Grace home from China. With 2 kids it was harder to get to the gym. I still ate what I wanted but wasn't exercising nearly as much.

Fast forward six years to today. We now have 3 girls, with 3 different schedules, and absolutely NO time to get to the gym. I have to watch what I eat because I can just feel the pounds come and go!

So, why do I share so much? Well, a few weeks ago, when I cleaned out my closet I found something amazing. I had clothes that did not fit and would never fit again. I had clothes that sort of fit but looked, and felt, horrible. And then I had my clothes that fit well.

I have SIZES!!! How did this happen?? This is harder to handle than being close to 50 years old!

I now watch what I eat and am trying so hard to carve out time to get back to exercising. I know I'll never be the size I was years ago but I do want to lose some weight and get back into some of those clothes that "sort of" fit now.

So, do any of you have any suggestions for me? What do you do to stay fit??

No comments: