Monday, April 26, 2010

I think I'd rather clean toilets

Fall/Winter clothing for next school year!

I spent two whole days of my spring break swapping out Grace and Sarah's winter clothes for spring/summer clothes. I then had to take another weekend to finish up with Analiese's!

It sounds so easy....pack away the winter clothes and bring out the spring clothes. Well, it isn't that simple! First Dave pulls out ALL the clothes I packed away last fall. I do label everything so that part is pretty simple. But that's where the simple ends.

Why is it so difficult? I have to decide: what clothes MIGHT this child be able to wear next season, what clothes get put away for the next child and what clothes should just be donated or thrown away.

Once I've done that I now must take out the current seasons' clothing and make sure that not only it fits but it is something that the girls will wear. Then I box up, label, hang up and put clothes in drawers.

Oh, but it doesn't end there! With Analiese there are so many more layers. She has to try on the majority of the clothes. She is so darn petite and slow growing that clothes that I THOUGHT she would wear may not fit. Right now she is in 3 different sizes...5 for pants, a 4T/5T for shorts, and a 6 for shirts (sometimes a 5).

As there are no other children to hand her clothes down to I now have MORE decisions to make---what clothes will I sell at the consignment store, what clothes will I give to friends, which ones will I donate to charity and which ones should just go in the trash!

Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful that we have enough clothing, either hand-me-down or bought, that I have to go through this every season! But to be honest...I'd rather scrub bathrooms then do this chore!

No comments: