Sunday, March 30, 2008

Hello Malone!




Matthew received a most wonderful surprise today. A phone call from Malone, the best friend he had in China!!! Malone was adopted in July and now lives on the west coast.
When I answered the phone and was greeted by Lynn, Malone's mom, I was so excited! I immediately told Matthew it was Malone and he at first was confused but then when he realized who it was he put his hands over his mouth in excitement! It was so much fun watching and listening to Matthew on the phone. To my surprise he spoke only english. I really expected he would have lapsed into Chinese but he worked so hard to be understood by his friend. One of the first things Matthew asked was about Malone's "Daddy". When Matthew found out that Malone didn't have a Daddy (his mom is a single mom) Matthew was confused and asked me why. Matthew also talked to Malone about school, his sisters and how happy he was. Right before they ended their call, Matthew asked Malone if he could come out and play. Dave had to show Matthew, on a map, how far away Malone lived. That didn't deter Matthew from asking, over and over again, if he could go visit Malone!
I also had a very nice conversation with Lynn. Seems as if our sons are very similiar. They are very competitive, question authority, are very loving and happy and do NOT want to go back to Xiamen! Lynn and I both agreed that the boys need to stay in touch as this relationship is such an important part of their beginnings.

4 comments:

Shari U said...

Tina, What a touching post. It's really sweet to get to see Matthew talking to his friend. He's looking like a much happier boy these days. I keep wondering about Annaleise's palate....is everything still "holding"?

Special K said...

Oh, I just have tears in my eyes as I'm reading. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. I'm learning so much.

Donna said...

How exciting for your little one to have such a connection to his past. He looks so happy!

Anonymous said...

This pагagrаρh prοvidеs cleаг ideа foг the nеw visitors of blogging, that actually how to do
blogging.

Αlso vіsit my ωeb ѕіte ::
Hemorrhoids Remedies