Monday, January 21, 2008

Some things learned

Have you ever felt that a door has opened somewhere in your mind and there is a certain clarity to things? That has happened to me in the past few days. It's like I've been given the opportunity to really SEE for the first time. It's not like I've been consciously questioning things and searching for answers but the answers have just come. Is it weird that I just seem to "know"? Here are a few of the things that I "know" and am certain of:

I need to accept the offer of new friendships
People that I thought were friends really had a hidden agenda
My husband loves me
I'm still in love with Dave
My children are wonderful
I have been an inspiration to others
My job is really important
I need to change some of my behaviors, such as my reaction to "mistakes" made by others
My daughters are learning to be a good mom--from ME!
I'm doing a good job teaching my children to make good choices
I love my son
I need to find out more about my children's beginnings
We have to start at the beginning with Matthew teaching him how to be part of a family
Matthew loves having a family
It doesn't matter that my children aren't perfect looking or sounding
Sarah has learned so MUCH from her siblings
Adopting my children has been one of the best things I've done and has made me a better person
I'm achieving my goal of "giving back"
Nancy Brown is the best friend I've ever had

The list is not complete and certainly the content is not earth shattering. But, I am CERTAIN of all of those listed. Some of the above just ARE and others I am taking steps to make them a reality. It has been amazing how clear my thinking has been and how certain I've felt in the past few days. I have a certain calmness and feeling of purpose. Is this what midlife is like?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Tina, you're making me cry!

I am HONORED to be your friend!!!

Love,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Tina,
I am so glad to read your comments. It is amazing how much I have learned from Sheridan in such a short time. We continue to pray for all of you and your dynamically evolving family.

Michael