Thursday, January 10, 2008

Bragging Rights






I just have to brag on Sarah. She spent this past Saturday at a 4 hour clinic with the Atlanta Hawks (basketball) dance team. As the photos show there were LOTS of girls, ranging in age from 6-18. The dance team girls taught each group a dance that was performed at half-time of the game!
Sarah worked so hard at learning the dance. The song was "Walk it Out"--a hip hop tune that I've NEVER heard. But the beat was fun and there didn't seem to be any foul language in the lyrics. I had such fun watching the girls and realizing how determined and talented Sarah is. She picked up the moves quickly and expertly. This is such a thrill for me because I couldn't dance to save my life! I look like a stroke patient doing rehabilitation! (no offense intended!).
After the clinic we enjoyed dinner and some time with one of Sarah's friends and her mother until the actual basketball game started. Once the game started you would have thought Sarah was involved in every sport imaginable. She cheered, yelled and just knew everything that was going on! When it was time to meet the dance team, Sarah could not wait, nor could Mom. I counted every minute, every second until half-time. Then the the moment arrived....the girls all ran onto the court, they got into place and the music began. WHAT???? They were facing the opposite direction!!!! All we saw were butts, lots of butts! The good thing was that the show was shown on the big screen. Come to find out that the "discount" seats we were given were not the "money" seats so we didn't get to see the girls head on! Oh well, it was so fun to watch Sarah perform in front of 10,000 people and do a FLAWLESS routine! My daughter is so wonderful, so talented and so loved!
On another note, the kids, Sarah, Grace and Matthew, received their report cards. Both Sarah and Grace received straight A's. Matthew did not get grades but he was given conduct (good) and work habits (outstanding) and penmanship(outstanding). How proud is this Mom??????

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hi Tina,I love your blog I heck it out daily,so happy you finally have Matthewthe girl's are getting so big and beautiful I miss you guys alot.