Monday, July 16, 2007

WELCOME TO OUR BLOG

Now that we have our log-in-date for our dossier, I decided to create a blog for the remainder of our journey.

We know that Matthew has been told he has a family; we just haven't heard his reaction!  We sent a package with a photo-album of us; again we haven't heard if it was received.  Hopefully it was and Matthew is now dreaming and planning about coming to the USA!

Right now we are waiting, waiting and waiting.  Our dossier is in China; our log-in-date (LID) is June 15th (Happy Birthday Sarah!).  Our next step is the Letter of Acceptance (LOA); basically a commitment to adopt Matthew.  That can come anywhere from 70-100 days from your LID.  Right now we are on day 31 of our wait.  Once we get the LOA we wait (AGAIN!) for our Travel Approval (TA) which is the final paper needed for us to GET ON THAT PLANE!

For now we are keeping busy with vacation, dance camps and daily life.  In the next few weeks we hope to move Analiese into Grace's bedroom and redecorate the "Tinkerbell" room for Matthew.  Right now I'm looking for ideas; I know that Matthew's favorite color is red so that color will certainly be incorporated into the design.  We also have to redo the bathroom.  Somehow I don't think our son will be thrilled with a hot pink bathroom decorated with flowers, bees and butterflys! 

Having a boy around is going to be very different for the Evans family.  We are so used to dance classes, princess dress-up, painting our nails and running around naked (the kids, not mom!) that we have some readjusting in our future.  Dave has always said that he feels like he lives in a sorority house....Matthew will change all of that!

I promise to go back and give some history of how we realized that we were Matthew's forever family; what a great story!  Thanks for stopping by and y'all come back now!

3 comments:

Tony said...

Sarah's first thought was Spiderman for a theme. I thought Spiderman and Venom would be cool for a 7 year old, but possibly scary. Then we thought of the Pixar movie Cars for a theme. Unfortunately, he probably hasn't seen these movies.

I'm also remiss to suggest a sports theme, as you guys may not want to be too stereotypical.

So, Sarah and I thought maybe if you leave his room blank, he could pick out his own theme when he gets comfortable.

For the bathroom, Sarah and I like our friends guest bathroom. It is themed in an underwater/fish theme. Fish on the shower curtain, fish pictures, etc.

Margie said...

I think the blog is a great idea. This is the first time I have ever "blogged". (Welcome to the 21st century.) "Blog" reminds me of when Elizabeth was "slimed " during a taping at Nickelodean studios. When we left, Mara, age 2 1/2, was in her stroller screaming, "I wanna get slimed" over and over till we reached the car.

I agree that the fish theme is a great gender neutral bathroom idea. Some similar themes I have seen include beaches, seashells, sailboats, etc. These could all be carried through to Matthew's bedroom.

Having a boy around will be very different. Lots of new things to learn! On the plus side, at least you don't have to deal with potty training! It will be fun.

Andrea McAuley said...

I am so excited for you Tina! What wonderful news! I loved reading your blog about your precious family. It is helpful to get reminder emails every so often so I remember to read it. I hope we can get together very soon. Your family will be in my prayers.