Friday, August 7, 2009

Beautiful Girls!




























Changes, changes, changes! The girls and I went to see April, our wonderful friend who takes care of our hair, today. Our plan, beginning in the spring, was for Sarah and Grace to grow their hair for Locks of Love (at least 10 inches) and Analiese and myself to grow our hair out. For months the plan was going very well. Sarah and Grace would not get their hair cut at all and Analiese and I would just get trims to clean up our hair.

All that changed last week. For Gracie's gymnastics meets we were told her hair was too long. Even when her hair was in a ponytail it still swung into her eyes. The coaches said that the judges could mark her down or worse Grace could make mistakes because her hair would get in her way. With heavy hearts we decided to forego our plan of donating Gracie's hair and get it cut.

Sarah, on the other hand, still wanted to grow her hair. I was not as enthusiastic. Sarah's hair is quite beautiful but seemed to get so unmanageable as it grew longer and longer. When Grace told Sarah she was getting her hair cut, Sarah announced that she also wanted her hair cut (not Analiese, she wants her hair to grow to the ground!). I was thrilled.

At our appointment today Grace had 3 inches cut off of her hair and Sarah had at least 4 inches--it is now just past her ears. It looks so adorable! Sarah loves it and I think it makes her look so much older!

Analiese and I only had our hair shaped and all of us were quite happy with how things turned out. I must admit that I just LOVE Sarah's hair color. It is so beautiful; not quite red but with blond and brown mixed in. As April said, "this isn't something that comes in a bottle." I've tasked April with trying to create Sarah's color; I'd love to have the same color!

Enjoy the photos, we had fun taking them!