Saturday, January 17, 2009

A First Sleepover


Getting ready for the party!


Happy Birthday Karlie!


My new pillowcase that I colored myself!

Analiese went on her FIRST sleepover last night! It was ALL she could talk about during the week (and it was a great way to keep her in line!). On Friday morning she woke up all smiles and excitement---it's sleepover night!

It was difficult for me to allow her to go. Analiese is my baby and even though she is 6 years old, developmentally she is about 5. However, because Lynn and Todd are like second parents to Analiese I felt comfortable.

When we got to the party, all of the girls already had their pj's on. So of course Analiese ran upstairs and put her jammies on also! Before I left, Analiese promised to call me before they settled down to watch the movie. I actually got 2 calls. One, Analiese asked to call me, just to tell me she was having fun and that she loved me (and wanted to tell her dad that also). The second call was suggested by Lynn right before the movie started.

I was so pleased that through all of the excitement Analiese still remembered to call and tell us good night! According to Lynn the girls all slept well. Dave picked Analiese up in the morning and she was just FULL of stories.

One more step toward independence; one less cord attached to mom. Sigh.....

No comments: