Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye to 2008

Well, it's almost here, 2009. As I look back I see so much growth in all of us, especially the children.

Analiese has flourished in kindergarten, the decision to move Matthew back to first grade has turned out to be the best thing we could have done for him, Gracie's teacher, who was our "second choice", has turned out to be the best choice and Sarah has shown all of us that she can and will rise to the occasion!

Our year has been a good year. We've weathered the financial crisis' and have taken the opportunity to teach the kids important lessons. There really is positive in everything! We've celebrated talents in Grace and in Sarah and had to ponder the "what ifs". We eagerly anticipate what 2009 will bring for these girls.

The twins, Thomas and William, seemed to have found themselves! William has let his hair grow (including a goatee, like Shaggy!) and joined a fraternity, while Thomas has focused his energies into studying. James meanwhile, is looking at going to a military academy instead of a traditional college.

Dave and I are so grateful that we end this year in good health and with stable jobs. We are so very blessed to be parents to 7 wonderful children. We've made some new friends this year and feel so excited to get to know these people better!

Overall, 2008 was a good year for us! I am so proud of my kids and feel so blessed to be their mom (or stepmom!). I so remember, years ago, wishing and wishing that I'd become a Mom in the coming year. Now that I am a mom my wish is to be the best mom I can be....my children deserve only the best! Happy 2009!

No comments: