Saturday, August 23, 2008

What a week!

What a busy, busy week we've had. It started with the first day of school! All of the kids were so excited Sunday night. It was hard to get them to go to sleep. Even though they were up later than I would have liked they had no trouble waking up at 6 AM. They all looked so cute in their new clothes!



Once we got to school it was just a madhouse! There were parents and kids everywhere just waiting to go down the halls to their new classrooms. Analiese did get to say hi to her friend, Michael. His mom and I work together and are great friends and we often swap stories about these two---they are just two peas in a pod!



Then, as a family, we walked Analiese down to her class first. Oh how excited she was! Her teacher was just waiting for her in the hallway. I didn't cry like I thought I would. I mean, Analiese is my baby!



Then off to Grace and Matthew's classes. Even Dad loves Mrs. DeJohn, Matthew's teacher!




Finally to Sarah's class. I was told that I had to give Sarah a goodbye kiss BEFORE she got to her class. I guess at 5th grade you are just too cool to get a kiss from your Mom! This year Sarah has two teachers to help get her ready for middle school. Yikes! The last year of elementary school; Sarah is growing up!



The rest of the week was spent going to gymnastics, dance and doctor appointments! Sarah's dance classes are later than last year because of her being moved up to the intermediate level. So Dave and I have been trying to find a good way to get everyone where they need to be. Sarah did decide to drop the gymnastics class and just focus on dance. So, I've changed Grace's class to an earlier time. Hopefully this coming week will be less hectic!

Matthew went for his follow-up to the eye doctor. His eye has gotten a bit stronger but not strong enough. The doctor now wants Matthew to wear an eye patch for at least 8 hours a day. The doctor put the patch on Matthew and by the time Dave had Matthew back to school the patch was removed and folded in half! There was no way it was going to stay on his eye! I guess I don't blame him for taking it off; it had butterflies, hearts and flowers on it. What was Dad and the doctor thinking?????

I went on-line and ordered some cool patches with lizards, spiders and sport balls on them. Until they arrive Matthew is wearing the flesh colored ones I found at the pharmacy. Today he has worn the patch all day without a complaint.



Today we've just relaxed and hung around the house. It's been threatening to rain as Tropical Storm Faye is hanging around south Georgia. We've had wind but no rain yet and the temperature has been very pleasant. I can feel fall in the air!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post. I love to hear stories about your family!!!!

YOu are busy