Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back to work!!!!





Well it's official--Summer is over for me :(

I've only been back to work for three days and already I'm running behind. My office is a wreck because I've been in meetings every day, we have new children enrolling every day, we are frantically trying to get a working schedule and I am serving four schools again this year!

Tomorrow is meet and greet so by 2:00 the school will be full of anxious parents and excited children. I'll need to be available to smile, greet, hug and welcome our families so my office will have to wait until Friday.

The kids are all excited to be returning to school. This year I will have all four at school with me--YIPPEE!!! I can't believe this is Sarah's last year of elementary school nor can I believe that my baby, Analiese will be starting kindergarten. Where did the time go????

Starting Monday our full schedule begins; school, dance and gymnastics! Whew, we are going to be busy, busy, busy!

Sarah has been invited to try out for the next level of company dance (intermediate 1); she is so excited and we are so very proud of her. The audition is on Friday and we will know that evening if she is chosen for the higher level or must stay at the beginning level (junior company). Whatever the decision, the experience will be great for her!

Grace is going to be part of the "ensemble" group at the studio this year. They do some performances and one competition through the year. The commitment is not quite at the company level and gives the kids an idea of what being in company would be like. Sarah started here and helped to ease her into the amount of time she must give to dance. Grace is such a good dancer and will do very well in this group.

Analiese is taking a dance class and a gymnastics class (all of the kids are taking one gymnastics class). We saw lots of progress last year and know she will have lots of fun with her favorite teacher, Miss Courtney.

Matthew is only taking the gymnastics class but has already proven, after two classes, how much his attention and his gross motor skills have improved. We expect he will only get better.

As for me and Dave we hope to spend some time not only with the kids but with each other. He will be home every night this year as he quit the part-time night job he held for 11 years!!! I hope the two of us will be less stressed as we can split the responsibilities for driving, dinner and homework. Maybe we might be able to squeeze in a date night????

No comments: