Sunday, August 3, 2008

"I'm leaving"

Got my pillow and blanket
Thanks to Matthew I now have my toothbrush
Our neighbor's house

Said Analiese...The kids were all playing upstairs and as will happen, Analiese became the "odd man out" and her sisters and brother did not want to include her anymore. After some yelling and tears Analiese came down to inform me, "I'm leaving". She had her blanket and her pillow but nothing else.

When I asked where she was going she told me, "The Browns". I then asked her how she was going to get there because they lived very far away she told me that she wanted me to drive her there. When I explained that I couldn't because I had to stay at home to take care of the other children Analiese complained that she couldn't drive and her "legs were too small to walk".

Analiese then had another idea; she would run away to our neighbor's (the Woods) house! Yeah, that's what she decided was best. I told her that I loved her and would miss her, helped her put her blanket in her pillow case, told her to call me (she told me to keep my cell phone on), Sarah got Analiese her shoes and off she went (with a stop for photos of course!).

Once we got outside, our other neighbor, across the street, just happen to be delivering cookies to our neighbor's! So, out came Tanya and I explained that Analiese was running away and wanted to run to her house. Tanya told her to come on, Analiese hugged me and then asked Tanya if she could call me.

From behind Analiese's back, I shook my head "no" to Tanya. She told Analiese, "no, you can't call your Mom". Analiese looked at me and said, "I think I'll stay home". So...into the house went Analiese, with her blanket, pillow and toothbrush!

Analiese told me that she even though she wasn't leaving this time, she was keeping her options open. I told her that was fine and I was glad she decided to stay! After a quick hug and a kiss she was off playing with Sarah and Grace again!

I remember Sarah running away when she was five. She got about 2 houses away and ran back and told me she couldn't go because she wasn't allowed to cross the street! Grace hasn't mentioned it and I know Matthew has NO intention of even mentioning it because he's afraid we'll agree to let him go!

My life is so full of wonderful moments and memories!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Analiese, too bad you couldn't have run to our house, because that would mean that we lived near each other!!

By the way, the house directly behind us is for sale, on almost an acre, and at a very good price right now.....;-)

xxoo
Nancy

Donna said...

Too funny! So glad she decided to stay-not so sure my boys would have made the same decision ;) Good work mom!