Saturday, January 8, 2011


 We are expecting 3-5 inches of snow starting tomorrow night and then on Monday another 2 inches of ice.  The school system has already called and alerted parents to the three possible actions they will take on Monday: cancel school, start 3 hours late or early dismissal if the weather begins to get bad on Monday.

I was out today for my normal grocery shopping and quickly realized how crazy everyone was because of the forecast.  I didn't consider myself one of them until I bought a bag of salt (really?? I've never purchased a bag of salt in my life!!), 2 boxes of logs for the fireplace (the power might go out with all of the ice) and called Dave to make sure we had batteries for the flashlights.

Even though I'm excited about the possibility of another long weekend I'm dreading it as we already have one "ice day" to make up.  However, if the weather is bad AND school must be called off I just ask that they make the decision Sunday night so I can sleep in on Monday.

Not much to ask for, is it???