Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My kids are growing up!

My girls are changing, right before my eyes! Analiese came home today and told me that she and her teacher talked about "self-control". Oh my! That means my sweet Analiese is talking ALL of the time and her teacher is tired of competing with her! I hate to give Analiese a consequence for "talking" at school but I know I must, to not only support her teacher, but also to help her learn compliance.

So today, Analiese lost her TV watching privilege. With most children that would make a HUGE impact. With Analiese? She just moved on to the next thing--drawing and coloring. This is one of the best things about Analiese...she loves life! There is always something wonderful to do; watching TV, riding her bike, reading a book, doing homework, talking to anyone, dancing, talking, singing...We ALL need to take lessons from this sweet one---enjoy EVERY minute!

Grace? What can I say? She continues to amaze me in her ability to juggle her gymnastics with school! She learned a new skill today--she was able to do a forward tuck! She was so excited--but then, turn around and her level of enthusiasm was the same when she learned how to do a word search on the computer for her spelling homework! She is the most "even" person I know. I need to take a few lessons from her!

Now Sarah, of course, is changing the most! Her level of understanding of human nature amazes me. On Friday, she received a note in her locker from a boy in one of her classes. He wrote to tell her how much he liked her. Sarah was so touched, even though she doesn't share his feelings. She asked me what I thought she should do and I gave her the "mom" opinion. Sarah decided to write back to the young man. She thanked him for the note and told him how sweet it was that he liked her. She didn't ignore him nor did she "lead him on" to believe that she felt the same about him.

Having Sarah in middle school is showing us how we have done as parents! She is sensitive to others, a great time manager and an eager learner. Sarah is an awesome kid and we are so blessed to call her our daughter!

Sarah, Grace and Analiese are as different as different can be. However, there is a common thread they share...they are confident, independent and loving children! These girls are amazing and continually challenge me to be the best mom I can be. I sure I can live up to the challenge!

No comments: