Saturday, September 12, 2009

Birthday Celebration

Let's start with the cards.

Oh, this one is purple and has a star!

Kai Lan!!

Oh, a password journal that I can keep from my sisters!

An Ice cream cake with cookies and cherries!

I'm not going to waste any breathe!

Hope my wish comes true!


What a great day! We got to celebrate Analiese's birthday today. She received several checks from relatives so off we went to Walmart. Analiese tried to tell me about this iCarly item that she wanted. I had never heard of it, nor had I seen the commercials that had sold Analiese on this so we had a slight communication problem!

We walked the aisles at Walmart in hopes that this iCarly item would just "be" there. Well, it wasn't! So we walked some more...and then we walked some more! Oh, there were a few items that Analiese picked up but they weren't things that would have held her interest for very long. So, back on the shelf they went.

There are some things that Analiese loves; drawing, writing, singing and anything electronic! I tried to talk her into combining her money to buy a Nintendo (she has a Leapster but is always borrowing her sisters' Nintendos). Analiese said, "No, Santa is going to bring me that."

We eventually found our way over to the toy clearance aisle and found absolutely NOTHING that fit Analiese. Tomorrow we will hit Target! It's fun to allow Analiese the freedom to choose but boy-oh-boy how overwhelming it is for her to have so many choices! I'll narrow the field down for her and we'll walk away with some awesome things!

Analiese did get a Ni Hoa Kai Lan doll. She is purple (Analiese's favorite color) and has the character for "giggles" on her shirt. How perfect for my little Chinese princess! She loves Kai Lan and it is so great to be able to give her a doll that looks like her!

We did get Analiese a "Password Journal." This is a great gift in so many ways; she can keep it a secret from her sisters and she has blank paper, lots and lots of it, to write or draw on! Some day, I hope, Analiese will be a great author or illustrator!

The last gift is that we are redoing Analiese's bedroom. It will be purple (of course!) with some green and pink stripes. We will go back to the Tinkerbell theme; I bought some pictures of Tinkerbell that I will frame and hang up. Granddad Matt and Grandmom Eileen bought some wooden letters that spell out Analiese's name and we will put them up for her. I'm sure the room will look just adorable.

Happy Birthday Analiese, our family is so much better for having you as a part of it--what DID we do without you????

No comments: