Thursday, July 16, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes....



Analiese ALWAYS is talking, always has something to say. Because she requires specific answers or comments, no ahha, um or yeahs for her, it is important to listen to everything she says. Of course, this can be difficult at times, especially with her speech challenges.

Today, there were two separate times she just made me smile and my heart swell.

The first conversation, in the car, went something like this: (Do check my previous post to see how big of a dog Hillary is)

Analiese: Mommy, do you think Sissy shrunk? (Our neighbor's med. sized dog).

Me: Not listening, "What Analiese?"

Analiese: Did Sissy shrink?

Me: Thinking, WHAT did she say?

Gracie: coming to the rescue, "No, Analiese, Sissy can't shrink!"

Me: Smiling, trying so hard not to laugh, "Sissy just seems smaller because Hillary was so big."

Analiese: "Are you sure? Sissy seems like she shrunk!"


The next conversation took place at home while Analiese and I were laying on the couch together. Analiese loves to lay on top of me. It's generally OK because she is so, so very little. Today, she did just that, as I lay on my back she got on top of me, laid down and put her head on my shoulder. Then she said:

Analiese: "I'm so glad to have a mom."

Me: Heart SWELLING with love, "I'm glad to be your Mom."

Analiese: Kiss, kiss, kiss

Me: Oh, how much I LOVE this little girl!!!!

No comments: