Thursday, May 15, 2008

Miracles DO happen!




First let me say thank you all for your prayers! They are working! We went to the ENT the other day for a check-up for Matthew. I was prepared for the worst. First we had an initial exam by the ENT's assistant. She reviewed Matthew's file and indicated that the audiologist would check his hearing and determine the extent of Matthew's hearing loss. We talked a little about hearing impaired services for him.

So, off we went to the audiologist (OK so we waited an hour). During the exam I'm hearing the audiologist tell Matthew how well he was doing and watching her write things down. At the end of the exam, she exclaims, "He did SO WELL!" I then ask her how profound the hearing loss was. Puzzled, she responded, he has very little hearing loss. Of course, I said, "Are you sure???" She indicated she was.

So, back to the assistant we went (only waited 10 minutes). Once she looked at Matthew's audiogram she ran, yes I mean ran, to find the Doctor. The Doctor then came in and asked to exam Matthew under the microscope. Off we went. While looking under the microscope the Doctor exclaimed, "My God, I have NEVER seen anything like this". I asked, "What?" She explained that children she sees that have had the amount of damage and neglect in their ears, like Matthew, usually have to be closely monitored and suffer a significant amount of hearing loss.

Matthew??? The hole in his eardrum 2 weeks ago at surgery was 25% of his ear. Now? Only 5%! The Doctor was just blown away. We were sent away with a, "I want to see him in 6 months, keep doing what you are doing because his ears look GREAT!!!"

I credit all of this to the prayers we have sent up for Matthew! With Matthew's special need, he heals V-E-R-Y slowly but his ears seem to be on the healing fast-track! How happy we are!

Another miracle is that ALL of the children from Analiese's orphanage all SAFE! There were no injuries and the building sustained only "minor" damage. This orphanage is located VERY close to the epicenter of the quake. The guardian angels were working overtime for these children. Thank you all for praying so hard!

Analiese was very glad to hear the director, Mrs. Wu, was alive. She thinks of this woman as her "chinese mom" even though I've tried to explain to her that Mrs. Wu was just a caretaker. To Analiese, Mrs. Wu is the person who gave her love, took care of her and was there when she needed someone. Mom? I think so.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What wonderful news.Yeah Matthew!

THe post below saddens me as well!

Donna said...

What great news about Matthew! I so agree that miracles happen when we pray so hard for our children :)

Glad you can report back to Anneliese about her "mom" in China. I know that gives her securtity to know that you care about her birth country so much to keep her informed.