Thursday, May 29, 2008



Today is my first day of summer vacation! This is the first year, in so many I can't even count, that I've been able to walk away on the SCHEDULED last day of school. I worked very, very hard to make that happen because I did not want to take any time away from the kids.

Today I was able to sleep in (7:30) and not rush to be anywhere. I did meet for a while with the student I am doing home-based services with for the summer but it was so laid back that it really felt like having a nice visit.

We have lots planned for the next 9 weeks--camps, the beach, the pool, the library, the pool, relaxing, and of course, THE POOL! We love hanging at the pool and are so fortunate that we have one to play at.

It will take a couple of days for all of us to get into the "vacation" mode as we still have 2 dance recitals (and rehearsals) to finish up. But once this week is over, it is relaxation at its best!

Matthew doesn't quite understand "summer vacation" but I'm sure he will learn in a hurry. No schedules, lots of flexibility and not to mention tons of sun is something we all get used to in a hurry.

So, for those of you not as fortunate to have 9 weeks off---I'll be thinking of you as I decide, "what will we do today?!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys will keep busy but glad you will find some relaxation time as well

Amy S. said...

Tina,
I came to visit your blog through Amy's. I want to tell you how much I enjoyed that poem you posted to her on the loss of a pet. I enjoyed it so much. I've enjoyed reading your blog too..and I'm looking forward to visiting again!

Love and Hugs....

Anonymous said...

Today, I went to the beach front with my kids. I found
a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed the
shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her
ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally
off topic but I had to tell someone!

Also visit my webpage :: osn cccam server