Monday, April 14, 2008

Fun with the Wii






We love, love, love playing the Wii! Neither Dave nor I are big video game players. We've bought several game systems for the boys and have had an Xbox for years. We've never considered it something the family could do together. Until we bought a Wii! This game system has given us hours and hours of fun. We especially love bowling. Sweet Analiese is a PRO! As you can see from the scores posted, Analiese bowled a 203, Grace a 162, Matthew a 129 and Sarah a 117 (which is one of her lowest games ever)! Notice the "people" (Miis) that Sarah created; they look ALOT like the kids. Dave's Mii looks so much like him it is eerie!
Unfortunately our "home" bowling pro got a little too enthusiastic the other night and when she sent her ball down the alley she actually threw the remote, and hit the (new) TV! Yes, the remote broke but the TV didn't. So for that we were thankful. It was an expensive lesson for all to learn to ensure that we take the time to put the band securely on our wrist. Poor Analiese was so sad that when Dave came home she told him, "Daddy, I broke the Wii" and then immediately ran into my arms and began to sob.
The Wii system is expensive but so worth the money. We spend lots of time together not only playing but explaining the games. It is great watching the kids develop strategy. Matthew isn't at that level yet but I'm sure he soon will be. The games are also a wonderful behavior incentive. I've stopped many an argument with, "I hope it's worth your Wii time"...
I'd be lying if I said that Dave and I only play with the kids. I've never wanted to golf with Dave and now I'll attempt to do 9 holes. I have always been competitive (thanks to my older sister Margie, "I win, you lose") and now hold the record for the highest bowling score at 206. Analiese ALMOST broke that tonight but couldn't dethrone me--YES!
If you haven't had the opportunity to experience the Wii I highly recommend that you do. And if you are considering buying a system but hate the cost---splurge, you won't regret it!

3 comments:

Special K said...

Our friends have one and we enjoy playing games with the kids. I like that it's active, not passive.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Tina
My parents gave me gift cards from Target to buy the kids a Wii for Christmas, but so far, they've never gotten one in since then ---GRRRRRR!