Monday, February 11, 2008

Down and out


Things are finally looking up for me. I spent the last 4 days feeling like I had been run over by a truck, a very big truck! After Matthew started to feel better, sweet Analiese came down with strep (and got a strep rash all over her body), then I started to feel horrible. I went to bed as soon as I could on Thursday and woke up on Friday with a headache, sore throat and congestion. Dave found some antibiotics that the doctor had given us for our China trip so I started on those and went right back to bed.
My wonderful husband took over, got the kids ready for school AND picked them up, took them to dance/tumbling class and then took Grace and Sarah to the Valentine's Dance at school! I was able to spend the day and most of the evening in bed. Unfortunately I didn't feel better. Saturday came and went with no relief; but lots of pictures from my baby, Analiese! I did get out to watch Sarah's performance at Inspirations; I'm glad it didn't last very long. I made dinner for everyone and promptly got back into bed.
Sunday arrived and I forced myself to get up and Dave took me to Walmart so I could grocery shop. I almost made it home but not quite. Dave had to pull over so I could deposit the juice I drank before we left home. I crawled back into bed when we got home and there I stayed. About 10:00 or so I started to feel the fever go down and the headache go away.
The good news is that I have no fever today but I do have a very nasty cough. I'm beginning to think what I have is viral and that's why the antibiotics aren't making a difference. I'll go back to work tomorrow as I've missed 4 days in the past week.
Sarah is home today with the same nasty cough but no fever. Hopefully she just has a cold. We leave for Gatlinburg on Friday for the weekend. Hopefully we'll be healthy so we all can enjoy our time. We are so excited to see the Browns!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope everyone is feeling better soon!