Sunday, December 9, 2007

Santa brought an EARLY gift!




Last night, just as the Grace and Analiese were taking a shower, the doorbell rang. I didn't see anyone when I looked out of the upstairs window but I thought I saw some elves running away from the house. Well, sure enough, when we went to look to see if the elves had left something for the kids we saw a very LARGE box. We quickly ran to open the door. To our surprise we found that the very large box was really a dog carrier and inside was a very tiny kitten. On top of the carrier was a bow and tag from Santa to the kids!
The kitten is so tiny and so very sweet. We've tentatively named him (YES a boy!--I guess Santa didn't realize that we really preferred girl cats) Clarence.
Why Clarence you ask? Well for those of you who seen the move, "It's a Wonderful Life" you know that the angel sent to help Jimmy Stewart was named Clarence. This sweet little cat has been sent from heaven to help fill in the hole that has been here since our wonderful Mei-Mei disappeared.
He is already litter box trained and is trying to win over Duchess. Unfortunately Duchess isn't nearly as excited as we all are to have a new baby in the house. I'm sure Clarence will win her over!

2 comments:

Lynn Cameron said...

Oh how cute! We just got a kitten at our house, too, and the kids named him George Johnson. Not sure why, except that they all agreed that he looked like a George Johnson... Hope yours is as tolerant and patient as ours is.

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Tina: I got your comment on my blog and I started to read yours -- what a beautiful family you have! I read the part about the hot airplane in Hong Kong and I felt your pain. Isn't it funny how you don't know someone yet these amazing, beautiful, resilient kids make us feel connected? How is Matthew's language coming along? Ellen