Monday, July 26, 2010

See, I told you so!




Sarah informed me the other day that I had NOT put any photos from her birthday on the blog.  I surely did not believe that!  I mean, I am SUCH a conscientious mother, I would NEVER forget to blog about something as important as my daughter's 12th birthday.

But, sure enough, when I searched the blog there was not a photo to be found about her birthday.  I'm not sure how that slipped past me but it did.

SO, here is a blog post for Sarah.

Planning the 12th birthday celebration seemed so easy; movie (Toy Story 3), swimming and a sleep-over.  However, because not all of the girls could come we had to change the original date, which didn't help because still some of the girls could not come.  Sarah wanted to change the date ONE more time and I wouldn't let her.

I was secretly happy that not everyone could come; that meant less girls staying awake till all hours of the morning.  The celebration turned out to be wonderful!  The movie was great, the girls got to swim for hours and they even went to sleep at a decent hour!

Now that Sarah is 12, I do see a difference--both physically and emotionally.  She is still dramatic but less immature about issues.  Dave and I agreed that she could go to the beach with her friend's (Emily) family.  I missed Sarah lots but we kept in touch via text and calls.  She had a great week and came back a little more responsible and respectful.

Sarah also did a musical theatre/tap camp last week.  The theme was Mary Poppins.  One of the tap dances, Step in Time, the tap company girls will work on and eventually take to competition.  It was so very well done, I can't wait to see once they have more time to practice how it will look!

Sarah has also decided to compete on the cross-country team at her new school.  I am thrilled that she is showing interest in something at school and something that is not dance related!  Not that I don't like her dancing but I really want her to try other things and not just be so focused on the arts.

I've allowed Sarah to stay home by herself for short periods of time.  She has shown herself to be very responsible.  I've even allowed her to watch Analiese when I take Grace to the gym.  It isn't even an hour but it gives her some experience.  Once again, Sarah has shown responsibility.

I'm very excited about the upcoming school year and the changes I will see in Sarah.  She is hurtling toward being a teen and I fully expect the ride to be an exiting adventure!

2 comments: