Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's the great pumpkin!

Want some?

Look what I found!

This is GREAT!

Carving is hard work!

The finished product--what a great job!

That was fun...can we do another?

I picked out the design and helped!

"We" carved our Halloween pumpkin tonight. I use the term "we" loosely as Dave was the carver, with help from Sarah, and the rest of us either got in the way or separated the seeds for roasting!

This was another first for Matthew and more great fun for the rest of the kids. We did not carve a pumpkin last year because we thought we were going to be in China. Because of that, this was kind of a first for Analiese also.
I let each of the kids hold the "guts" of the pumpkin. Boy were there lots of giggles and laughs!

The kids asked if I would make some pumpkin pie. I told them that I would buy canned pumpkin do do that and all I received in return were groans and no's. That was until they held the guts and agreed that canned pumpkin would be MUCH better for pie and bread!

It was nice spending time together laughing and enjoying each other. The kids asked us if we carved pumpkins as kids. Both Dave and I said no. They wanted to know why. Dave said "because it wasn't a southern tradition" and I had no answer. I wonder why we never carved a pumpkin when I was kid????

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Look at those smiles