Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Thoughts of Matthew

I've watched during the past few days others get their Travel Approval and then hear nothing about ours.  It is disheartening to realize that we will have to wait another 2 weeks before ours will be here (the CCAA is on vacation and all mail that went out before their break will have already arrived).
I find my thoughts wandering more and more toward Matthew.  I wonder how he feels about being adopted, about moving away from his home and if he ever thinks about his birth family.  I have so many unanswerable questions; what was Matthew's birth name, does his mother wonder what his favorite game is, what his favorite toy is?  Does she wonder what makes him laugh, what his voice sounds like and if he likes to sing?  Does she ache to hold him in her arms?  
Because, as Matthew's forever Mother, I wonder all of those things. I also know that in a few short weeks many of my questions will be answered.  I will have my son at home and learn all about him, love him and enjoy him.  I will also try to teach him to understand and to forgive those parents who, for whatever reason, never came back to get him.  I will help him to nurture the mother who will always be in his heart and whose heart, hopefully, he lives in.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a nice post. We are following your journey as well. Hope your TA arrives soon.

Mark and Rebecca
(First Friday)

Donna said...

I can't wait to see Matthew with his Forever Mommy. Hoping you hear something soon. We need some company in Guangzhou!