Thursday, January 6, 2011

10 pounds


Other than when I was pregnant, I've never weighed what I weigh now (can you say that fast 10 times???).  In the past two years I've gained more pounds than I want to admit.  It wasn't until this Christmas, when I saw some of the photos that Dave took that I realized how chubby I look!!

So, for the first time in my life I'm working at losing weight.  Yes, even when I gained the 50 pounds of baby weight I didn't have to work at losing the weight!!!  It came off so quickly and I was back in my pre-pregnancy clothing within weeks.

Now?  Not going to happen.  So, I'm trying to exercise at least 3 days a week.  I really don't have much to cut out of my diet.  I don't drink soda, snack lots but I have become very sedentary in the past few years.  I sit at a desk for the majority of my day, sit in the car driving the kids around, sit at the gym and dance studio watching the kids and then go home too exhausted to do anything but sit some more.

My goal is to lose 10 pounds by summertime.  I think it's a reasonable goal but I don't believe it is going to be easy.  Just this week I wanted to work out at least 3 days.  So far I've only walked on the treadmill 1 day for one reason or another.  I really thought I'd be able to squeeze in more than that.

I so remember a time when I was able to get to the gym every night after work and work out for at least 2 hours.  Now I hope for just 2 hours a week!!  No wonder the scale never used to go into the triple digits!!!